It's all that matters. Before a company / organization benefit from cloud computing, there are several aspects relating to Security and Privacy below that must be considered:
1. Risk Management and Compliance - organizations are starting to adopt the cloud still be responsible for aspects of security management, risk, and compliance with the rules applicable in the related industry. Risk and compliance management requires a strong internal team and the transparency of the process of cloud service providers.
Recommendation: cloud service providers have to use some or best practice frameworks such as MOF, or ITIL, and have certifications such as ISO / IEC 27001:2005, and publish the audit report to the SAS 70 Type II. In addition, according to provisions of a state, may also have to adhere to the PCI or FISMA.
2. Access and Identity Management - Identity can be obtained through some cloud service providers, and must be interoperable between different organizations, different cloud providers, and based on strong process.
Recommendation: Authentication is recommended to use several factors at once, such as biometrics, one time password tokens (such as token BCA), ID card with a chip, and a password.
3. Integrity of Service - cloud-based services must be built with a foundation of strong security, and operational processes must also be integrated with security management in the organization. The cloud service provider must follow the process that can be proven, well-defined, and clearly in integrating security and privacy in services ranging from the earliest point, at any point in the cycle, until the final. Besides security management and auditing must be aligned between cloud providers and customers.
Recommendation: Use such certification EAL4 + (for security evaluation), SDL (for application development), ISO / IEC 18 044 (for incident response)
4. Integrity Client - cloud services that are used on the client side should pay attention to aspects of security, compliance, and integrity on the client side. Integrity client can be improved by using a combination of best practices.
Recommendation: Strengthen the desktop system, make sure the health of desktop systems, apply the appropriate IT policy, identity federation, Network Access Protection and so on.
5. Information Protection - Services cloud requires a reliable process to protect the information before, during, and after the transaction. Take advantage of data classification to improve the control of the data is ready to be released into the clouds.
Recommendation: Use encryption technology and information rights management (IRM) prior to data released to the cloud.
If an interested company to implement cloud services, here are some tips:
Start with small things first, such as utilizing cloud services as below: Email, Calendars, Contact, Messenger, Storage, Document / Productivity, Photo, Group, News / Sport / Wheather, Synchronization Devices (live mesh), Family Safety, Mobile, Map
Map business requirements to a cloud service, do not do the opposite.
Not necessarily cheaper cloud services, calculate the overall cost if the system is used in full. Compare with the local system (on premise), and also studied the possibility of combining the cloud service with local system
Make the process of socialization and learning about cloud services to all employees in the company
Study the possibility of technical issues such as interoperability, architecture, and integration. Make sure that the format of files created through the cloud services are also exactly the same as a local application on the client side
"Cloud Computing" can be simply defined is "information technology services that can be used or accessed by customers through the Internet or bias as well". The words "Cloud" itself refers to the symbol of a cloud in the IT world is used to describe the Internet (Internet cloud). However not all existing services on the Internet can be categorized as Cloud Computing, there are at least several requirements that must be met:
1. Service is "On Demand", users can subscribe to just that he needs it, and pay only for what they use it. Suppose an Internet service provider providing a 5 different options or packages internet and the user simply takes a package of internet, the user only pays any packets captured.
2. Service is elastic / scalable, where users can add or reduce the type and capacity of services they want at any time and the system is always able to accommodate those changes. Suppose the user's Internet subscription in the bandwitchnya 512Kb / s and want to add speed to 512Kb / s then the user asks to call customer service and customer service additions bandwitch respond by changing bandwitc to 1Mb / s.
3. Services are fully managed by the provider / provider, the user is only required by the personal computer / laptop plus an Internet connection.
In terms of individual types of services, Cloud Computing, divided into 3 types of services, namely: Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
· Software as a Service SaaS is the Cloud Computing services are the most popular first. Software as a Service is a further evolution of the concept of ASP (Application Service Provider). As the name implies, SaaS makes it easy for users to be able to utilize the software with a subscription. So it does not need to spend a good investment for in-house development or purchase of a license. By subscription via the web, users can directly use the various features provided by the service provider. It's just that the concept of SaaS, the customer does not have complete control over their lease applications. Only the application features that have been provided by the providers that can be rented by the customer. And since SaaS application architecture is multi tenant, forcing providers to only provide the features of a general nature, not specific to the needs of specific users. However, customization does not necessarily prohibited, even if only for a limited scale and function. But with the development of markets and advances in programming technology, the limitations must be reduced in a time not too long. For an example of SaaS services, of course we must mention an online CRM service Salesforce.com--a dikomandai Marc Benioff and has become an icon of this SaaS. Additionally Zoho.com, with a very affordable price, providing SaaS services are quite diverse, ranging from services like Google Docs word processor, project management, to online invoicing. Online accounting service is also available, as given by Xero.com and much more. IBM with its Lotuslive.com can serve as an example for SaaS services in the areas of collaboration / unified communication. Unfortunately for the domestic market itself, as I have to say in a previous article, are still very few are willing to invest to provide this service SaaS.
· Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is As the name suggests, PaaS is a service that provides ready-made modules that can be used to develop an application, which of course can only run on that platform. As well as service SaaS, PaaS users do not have control over basic computing resources such as memory, storage, processing power, etc., which are all governed by the service provider. Pioneers in this area is Google AppEngine, which provides various tools for developing applications on the platform of Google, using the programming language Python and Django. Then Salesforce also provides services through Force.com PaaS, providing modules to develop applications on a platform that uses Salesforce Apex language. And maybe that rarely do we know that Facebook can also be considered to provide a service PaaS, which allows us to create applications on top.
· Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) IaaS is located one level lower than PaaS. It is a service that "rent" the basic information technology resources, which includes media storage, processing power, memory, operating system, network capacity and others, which can be used by the tenant to run the applications it has. Business model similar to the data center providers that rent out space for co-location, but this is more to the micro level. Tenants do not need to know, with what machine and how IaaS providers to provide services. Importantly, their request on the basis of information technology resources can be met. The fundamental difference with current data center services is IaaS enables customers to do the addition / reduction of capacity in a flexible and automated. One of the pioneers in providing IaaS is that Amazon.com launched Amazon EC2 (Elastic Computing Cloud). Amazon's EC2 service provides a wide selection of rental starts the CPU, storage media, equipped with the operating system and application development platform that can be rented hourly calculations. For in their own country, the plan there are some providers that will provide a similar service starting this summer. whereas for the range of services, divided into 3 namely Public Cloud, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
1. Public Cloud's as simple as its name, type of cloud is dedicated to the public by the service provider. The services I mentioned earlier can be used as examples of public cloud in
2. Where a Private Cloud infrastructure cloud services, operated only for a particular organization. Infrastructure cloud could have been managed by the organization or by third parties. The location can be on-site or off-site. Usually organizations with large scale are able to have / manage this private cloud.
3. Hybrid Cloud For this type, the available cloud infrastructure is composed of two or more cloud infrastructure (private, community, or public). Where the entity even though they still stand on their own, but connected by a technology / mechanism that enables data and application portability between the cloud it. For example, load balancing mechanism that antarcloud, so that the allocation of resources can be maintained at optimal levels. So little explanation of cloud models are abstracted from NIST. However, as recognized by this institution, and limits the definition of Cloud Computing itself is still looking for forms and standards. Where will pasarlah that will determine which model will survive and which model will die. But all agreed that cloud computing will be the future of the computing world. Even the prestigious research institute Gartner Group has stated that Cloud Computing is a discourse that is not to be missed by all stakeholders in the IT world, began at this time and in some future time.
Cloud Computing is a mechanism that allows us to "hire" of information technology resources (software, processing power, storage, etc.) through the Internet and exploit according to our needs and pay that is used by us alone. With this concept, the more people who can have access to and use of these resources, because they do not have to make massive investments. Especially in economic conditions like now, each organization will think long to issue an additional investment in the IT side.
This type of connection in building the network is divided into two, namely the Cross and the Straight. Cross used to connect two devices together directly. As for connecting two devices are not directly, using the connection type Straight. As an example we will connect computer A to computer B. If we connect it directly, must use this type of cross connection. However, if computer A and B are connected via an intermediary (HUB), type of connections should be straight.
|Types of connections in the network|
|Crimping pliers and RJ-45 connectors|
Now let's start how to make these types of cross connections. The first thing to do is cut UTP cable. Keep in mind, that the cut is only skin wrapping it. So that the cables will look colorful, amounting to 8 pin. In order to produce the correct pieces, use crimping pliers.
|How to cut UTP cable|
|The first connector (left) and the second connector (right)|
|How to clamp the RJ-45|
To be continued
- Shofa Mh
Blog Top Sites